We have received many questions about the club remaining open during this time.
The club will remain available to all groups. Please be advised that these meetings are autonomous. It is up to the individual group if they wish to continue to meet. If your group decides to temporarily suspend your meeting please have the chairperson remain at the club in case a newcomer arrives.
We will make every effort possible to make sure the ARC is a safe place to conduct your meeting but we are by no means a guarantor given the emerging crisis.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that the virus is mainly spread by droplets from people sneezing and coughing. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus, which is why diligent hand washing and sanitizing are so important, as well as abiding by social distancing guidelines. The CDC advises the following measures to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and other illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If no soap and water are available, use a 60% or more alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are ill.
Our Open meetings will continue as scheduled. There will be no food at open meetings. Abstain from holding hands during closing prayers and please wash your hands.